Thursday, June 19, 2008

Instant Shop!



It's little, it's pink and it's mine. This is my new shop building; Morrison Woodworks World Headquarters, if you will. It's a 350 sq foot house that I got (for free!) after answering an add in our local trader. I contacted a local house mover and he hauled it to the property where I'll be building our new home. Follow the link to my house blog for more on that. I knew that I wanted a shop before the house was built so I'd have somewhere to work on all the woodwork for the house as well as the hand cut timber frame component of the house. The plan was to build a 24x24 building but when this came up (roofed, shingled, doors and windows and trim installed) I jumped at the chance. It's a bit smaller than I had hoped but the plan is to work in it for a while and decide if I need an addition in the future. More pics of the interior reno (and demo) to follow.

No comments: